Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The process begins


Well I've decided that before you can actually sit your Masters you need to get a degree in form-filling so that you can navigate your way safely around the mass of forms required for a student visa.

Imagine my shock when I realised that not only do I need to fill out two different sets of forms, with accompanying attachments, but in order to do so you have to consult with a 50-page manual and another how-to guide. Crikey! Either they are trying to weed out those who can't be bothered reading that much (or don't have a printer to print off such large amounts of paper) or they are really making their application assistants work for their money!

Thankfully I am getting there, slowly, and based on the emails I've been receiving from other Fellows, I'm not alone in my battle of the forms.

Bradford is getting closer and closer. Only four months to go now until we head over to suss out accomodation and then head off to visit Flo's family in Munich. I can't wait for it all to begin really. It is a funny time of limbo at the moment. Mad saving of money and sorting out of travel arrangements is mixed up with a lot of impatience and looking at the calendar. We've known about the Fellow now since November last year so it has been a long time coming it feels.

Luckily work is keeping me more than busy so the time is flying. Now I just need to locate my visa letter and get my head back into those forms...oy veh!

No comments:

Post a Comment