Saturday, January 29, 2011

The 'Beyond' begins

With Bradford and Rwanda feeling like a distant dream, I obviously needed some more fodder for those of you who actually ever look at this blog (not that it's updated often) to have a laugh at.  Not one for taking it too easy, I have chosen Germany, Munich to be specific, as the scene for my next misadventure.

Now as those of you who know me will attest to, I tend to attract hilarity and misadventure wherever I go.  I would never blame the colour of my hair for my lack of coordination, sense of direction, or general tendency to fall down, but it would be a convenient explanation.  Germany, I suspect, will be no different.

Ok, so Germany is obviously going to be a whole new experience for me.  Too easy you might say.  Right then, I hear you loud and clear, lets throw something else into the mix.  Pregnancy.  Yes that's right, not only have I moved halfway (actually the whole way) across the world, to a country I don't know, with a language I don't speak, I am also due to give birth to Flo and my first child at the end of June.  Oh yes, now I've got your attention.  Now you think this is going to be good.

I can almost promise that you won't be disappointed.  Prior to even developing my baby brain I had already managed to make a knob of myself on an almost daily basis.  My favourite so far, was the time I decided to teach myself Bavarian off the internet and managed to yell the word c**t (apologies to those of a sensitive nature) across the room for Flo to provide me with a translation.  Probably not such a big deal had my mother-in-law not been sitting in the room as well. Nice one Torie!

So, if you keep reading, I will endeavour to keep writing.

Let the games begin!

T

No comments:

Post a Comment